On my continued mission to keep breakfast exciting and (moderately) healthy, I put together this southwest-inspired egg bake:
- In large mixing bowl, combine…
- 1/2 bag of frozen hashbrowns, thawed
- 1/2 bag of frozen corn/pepper mix, thawed
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 8 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- Place in greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- In separate bowl, whisk…
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake in 375* oven for 30ish minutes, until eggs are set.
Another breakfast casserole success! This was super fast to put together, but I do love that it could be made ahead and popped in the oven when you roll out of bed. I think mushrooms or your favorite breakfast meat would be welcome additions, and you should definitely serve it with sour cream, salsa, and green onions on top!