I’m totally obsessed with my new cast iron skillet! That said, please don’t judge the lack of home-made-ness or healthy-ness of this recipe. 😦
- In 12 inch cast iron skillet, saute…
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 bulb garlic, crushed
- Once softened, stir in..
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 large can of chicken
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Simmer until bubbly.* Once heated, top with one tube of flaky layers biscuits, separated in half (16 half-size biscuits). Place skillet into 350* oven and bake until biscuits are browned, 15-20 minutes.
This REALLY hit the spot tonight! I was in a hurry, and I wanted comfort food (the sky is spitting icy rain tonight). I was able to find reduced fat alfredo sauce and biscuits, though I would have preferred to make my own sauce and cook fresh chicken. Que sera sera!
*Be sure to get the veggie/chicken/sauce nice and hot or your biscuits will be soggy on the underside!