I spent an eternity trying to figure out what to cook this week when I stumbled upon this recipe. Beer? Bacon? Mushrooms? Check! See my (easier and cheaper) rendition below:
- Remove skin from three chicken thighs. Place in the bottom of greased 5 quart slow cooker.
- Place one chopped white onion on top of chicken.
- In medium skillet…
- Fry six slices of chopped bacon.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of flour, cook for two minutes, scraping the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in one bottle of Guinness (Add more from second bottle if too thick. Drink remainder of second bottle.).
- Pour on top of chicken and onions.
- Add to slow cooker…
- 16 ounces of baby bella mushrooms
- 8 ounces of baby carrots
- Whisk together…
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- Half a bulb of crushed garlic
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Cook on low 7-8 hours. Once cooked, stir in 1 cup of peas, allow to heat through before serving.
It never ceases to amaze me how chicken can just fall apart–in a tasty and tender way–in the slow cooker. This is a definite make-again, especially for one of these cold winter days I know is coming!