I’ve been thinking about lasagna allllllllllll week. I know it’s kind of a silly thing to make for one person, but that’s pretty standard for my kitchen. I did promise Big Char I’d save her a piece though (you’re welcome, Mom). Conversely, my sister A will be cranky when she reads this as she doesn’t believe in using ricotta cheese in lasagna.
- Brown 1 pound of Italian sausage.
- Drain and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine…
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan
- Mix well and set aside
- In the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan, layer…
- 1 cup of roasted garlic tomato sauce*
- 3 “no boil” lasagna noodles
- 1 cup of sauce
- 1/4 of the ricotta mixture
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 of cooked Italian sausage
- Continue layering, ending with ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with extra mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375* for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 5-10 more minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
This is two weeks in a row of making comfort food on Sunday, so I’d better get back on the exercise band wagon!
* You need a total of 2 jars of sauce and 4 cups of mozzarella.