My friend, and soon to be cousin-in law, makes these super amazing scalloped potatoes. We just call them “Linnea potatoes.” I needed some comfort food tonight, so I added a little protein to her recipe for an indulgent and quick casserole.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Thinly slice three baking potatoes and 1/2 small onion.
- Add a layer of potatoes to the bottom of the pan, top with…
- Onion slices
- Diced ham*
- Favorite shredded cheese (I mix Swiss and Parmesan)
- Continue layers until out of product, ending in cheese.
- Crush 1/2 bulb of garlic into 1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream. Pour over all.
- Cover and bake at 375* for 30ish minutes. Remove cover and bake for 5-10 more minutes, until browned and bubbly.
Mmm…..so easy and so delicious! This feels like a total church lady/grandma casserole which makes it even more comforting. You could easily make this ahead, omitting the cream until you are ready to bake. Additionally, I was only feeding myself (and I’ll have plenty of leftovers), but you could increase all ingredients to feed the whole family—or friends at a potluck!
* I purchased an 8 ounce package and used about half.