I’m still plagued with an over-abundance of tomatoes, so despite the fact that it felt like fall today, my chef’s knife is still slicing and dicing summer produce. I love that the veggies in this casserole didn’t lose any of their fresh taste in the cooking process; it is a definite”make-again” recipe!
- Chop, fry, and drain six slices of bacon, reserving two tablespoons of grease.
- In bacon grease, fry…
- 6 ears worth of corn kernels
- 1 red pepper, diced^
- 1 bulb of crushed garlic
- 1 white onion,chopped
- Mix veggies and bacon with…
- 5 chopped tomatoes
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour all into greased 9 x 13 pan. Top with more chopped tomatoes and cheddar.
- Bake at 375* for twenty-ish minutes.
Past the bacon, I feel pretty decent about the health quotient of this supper, and I’m never mad about my kitchen smelling like bacon. Additionally, I was thrilled to use so many of my fresh tomatoes; the garden will be bedded with snow before I know it!
^ Obviously this would have been prettier with green pepper, but red is my preference. 🙂