I didn’t think my friend should have all the fun with the chicken bacon ranch casserole, but I figured I could lighten it up:
- “Rice” one head of cauliflower. Dry fry.
- Slice 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms. Dry fry.
- Chop one small white onion and one bulb of garlic.
- Chop and fry 6 slices of bacon. Drain.
- Cut up 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast into bite size pieces. Sprinkle with 1/4 packet of dry ranch. Saute in remaining bacon grease.
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients with….
- 6 ounces nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 3/4 packet dry ranch
- Stir in 8 ounces of shredded Swiss cheese, reserving a handful to sprinkle on top, and bake at 375* for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
I could hardly wait for this to come out of the oven! I’m happy I opted to test out the dry fry with the cauliflower because it prevented the casserole from being as runny as some of my previous cauliflower casseroles. I do wish I had added a green vegetable, but other than that this is a definite ‘make again!’