In my continued quest to not be so carb-crazy, I found THIS recipe that I thought sounded stellar. (I kind of like this girl’s blog in general. Check it out.) She didn’t give a ton of directions, but see what I did below:
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with pizza sauce.
- Top with…
- A few handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound honey ham (Hy-Vee happened to have pineapple smoked ham!)
- Chopped red pepper
- Chopped red onion
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits (drained)
- 1/2 cup of pizza sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Pizza-blend/cheddar cheese
- Cover and bake at 375* for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake five more minutes.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
This was deeeeelicious but had too much liquid. Solution????? Don’t say “crust.” 🙂