In my continued quest to not be so carb-crazy, I found THIS recipe that I thought sounded stellar. (I kind of like this girl’s blog in general. Check it out.) She didn’t give a ton of directions, but see what I did below:
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with pizza sauce.
- Top with…
- A few handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1/2 pound honey ham (Hy-Vee happened to have pineapple smoked ham!)
- Chopped red pepper
- Chopped red onion
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits (drained)
- 1/2 cup of pizza sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Pizza-blend/cheddar cheese
- Cover and bake at 375* for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake five more minutes.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
This was deeeeelicious but had too much liquid. Solution????? Don’t say “crust.” 🙂
2 thoughts on “Low Carb Crustless Hawaiian “Pizza””
possibly cooking the mushrooms some and maybe the pineapple some to get rid of the moisture. it could also be the sauce that you are using.
Good ideas! I put sauce in the bottom of the pan (re: lasagna), and I definitely didn’t need to do that under spinach! Thanks for stopping by!