Are you in total shock that I’m not dumping rice or hashbrowns into my casserole!?! You probably should be. Check out the original recipe for cauliflower and sausage casserole HERE but also feel free to follow my directions below…
- Prep one head of cauliflower by quartering, cutting out tough center and leaves, and chopping into bite size pieces. Boil in salted water for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop 12 oz. chicken sausage into cubes (I used Sweet Italian chicken sausage links). Saute in olive oil.
- Dice one onion and one bulb of garlic. Add to sausage once sausage is cooked through.
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- While sausage and onions cook, drain 28 oz.can of whole, peeled tomatoes. Reserve juice.
- Once onions are softened, add tomatoes, crushing to distribute. Add juice and simmer for five minutes.
- Pour sausage/tomato mix over cauliflower. Sprinkle with parm and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350* for 25ish minutes.
It’s my turn to be in shock because this was awesome. Who knew that cauliflower was good?!? This casserole was so flavorful that I had zero regrets about its lack of carbs!