As a person who doesn’t really care for soup, it says a lot that this is just about the most delicious thing I’ve ever put in my mouth. The picture doesn’t say much, so you are going to have to take my word for it.
For the potatoes:
- Boil 4-5 pounds of peeled, chunked potatoes (a couple of Tablespoons of butter in the water will make them even yummier!)
- Mash potatoes with one stick of butter, 8 oz. sour cream, and a half pint of heavy whipping cream.
For the goo:
- Fry 1 lb. of chopped bacon. Remove from pan, drain on paper towels.
- In bacon grease, fry 2 chopped leeks, 1 bulb of crushed garlic.
- Add enough flour to soak up the majority of the grease–cook for about a minute to rid of the raw flour taste.
- Pour in 1 quart of whole milk and the remaining heavy whipping cream. Cook until bubbly.
- Salt and white pepper to taste.
Combine mashed potatoes, bacon, and “goo”…and serve to rave reviews!