- Cook 1 1/2 cups brown rice according to package directions, but using low sodium chicken stock instead of water.
- Slice and saute 8 oz mushrooms–salt/pepper/garlic/seasonings of choice.
- Defrost one cup of frozen corn, one cup froze peas, and one cup of frozen broccoli.
- Combine with one-ish cup of shredded rotisserie chicken (I like to buy a whole chicken, shred it into one cup servings, and freeze for future use).
- Melt four tablespoons of butter in a large skillet–add garlic and onion, saute until soft. Stir in 5 Tablespoons of flour, cook one minute. Slowly pour in one quart of skim milk; cook until thickened. Add favorite cheese (I did 2-ish oz. parm, 2-ish oz cheddar + scoop of light cream cheese) and salt/pepper/seasonings of choice.
- Combine all and pour into greased 9 x 13, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and bake at 375* until heated through (mine took forever because I made in the night before and it went in the oven cold).
Overall, a successful made-up recipe. I would add a lot more garlic next time and perhaps test out a flavored creme cheese.