I don’t understand why it is still winter! I beg you, Mother Nature, send me some April showers and May flowers! In the meantime, I’m busy cooking up yet another comforting casserole!
- In medium sauce pan, combine…
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Bring water to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed (35-40 minutes)
- In large mixing bowl, combine…
- Cooked rice
- 1 pound of cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 can of fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 14 ounce bag of broccoli florets
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Place mixture in greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with extra cheese and bake at 375* for thirty minutes.
This was a definite win! The only change I will make to this easy and tasty casserole the next time is an addition of mushrooms. I get that the ingredients aren’t particularly “southwestern,” but my tastebuds screamed “Tex Mex” when I ate this. Let me know what your dinner companions think!