I promised myself, no matter what, I would not put cauliflower in my casserole this week! Or cream! This isn’t very pretty…but it’s pretty awesome tasting! Check out the ingredient list:
In large mixing bowl, combine:
- 8 oz. garlic chip dip
- 8 oz. pkg jalapeno cream cheese
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 oz. can chopped jalapenos
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 oz. sliced and sauteed mushrooms
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 10 oz. can Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chiles
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese
Place in greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 375* for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly.
This meal came together in less than 20 minutes (I was in a giant hurry to drink beer in the yard as spring showed up today), hence EASY and FLAVORFUL describe this meal exactly. I don’t feel particularly confident about the health quotient of this casserole, but since it is super spicy, I will feel full with a smaller serving. I contemplated adding black beans, and I didn’t do it. After tasting the dish, I think they would be a yummy addition! Also, you could lighten it up with low-fat cream cheese and sour cream. I was focusing on low carb/flavors instead of the fat content.