My internet searching left me lacking this week, so I just made something up:
- “Rice” one small head of cauliflower. Place in greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Add 1-2 cups of rotisserie chicken on top of cauliflower.
- Saute in olive oil…
- One small white onion, chopped
- One bulb of garlic, crushed
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- One bunch of cut asparagus
- Pour on top of chicken.
- In small sauce pan, heat one pint of heavy whipping cream (promise me not to look at the fat content, just the carbs!).
- Once steaming, add 8 oz. extra sharp cheddar
- Simmer until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Salt, pepper, etc. to taste.
- Pour over veggies and chicken.
- Bake at 375* for 30 minutes.
This was totally satisfying, but pretty runny. Next time, I won’t be so lazy and I will use butter/flour to make a roux before making the cheese sauce. Other than that, I will be a happy camper at lunch all week!