Somehow, I purchased an Irish cookbook on clearance at Barnes and Noble and have yet to use it!!!!! With St. Patrick’s Day on Sunday, I figured it was high time I cracked its spine! Check out what I did below:
- Peel and cut up 2 pounds of baking potatoes. Boil until tender.
- Cut 1-2 pounds of fresh cod into serving sized pieces.
- Place in greased casserole dish, pour in 2/3 cup of dry white wine, season with salt, pepper, dill, and parsley.
- Cover in foil and bake at 325* for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place cod into greased 9 x 13 pan and set aside cooking liquid.
- Place 8 oz. peeled shrimp on top of the cod.
- Prepare 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, 1/2 bag of baby carrots, one bulb of garlic, 2-3 shallots.
- Saute in olive oil until tender.
- Place cooked veggies on top of seafood.
- In the same pan, melt 4 T. butter. Stir in 1/4 cup flour. Cook on low for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in fish stock until smooth.
- Return to heat and add 3/4 cup of cream.
- Cook till thick and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour onto fish and veggies.
- Once potatoes are tender, drain, and mash with 3 T. butter and 1/4 cup cream. Season with salt and white pepper. Add on top of sauce, veggies, and fish.
- Bake at 425* for fifteen minutes until potatoes are browned.
Don’t even think about serving this without Guinness on the side…..so good that your dining companions will think you kidnapped their Irish grandmother. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Laughter is brightest in the place where the food is. ~Irish Proverb~