I love hostessing. Hands down, it’s my favorite hobby. Here a few lessons I’ve learned about executing a successful dinner party…
- Prepare as many items in the morning as you can.
- Introduce guests to each other.
- Set out appetizers. You know dinner won’t be done on time.
- Play music so no one has to listen to other guests chew.
- Pick a recipe that requires little last-minute effort. A tried and true meal that you’ve made before is usually a solid bet.
- Make your house comfortable. Is it easy to find the drinks? Is the bathroom clean?
As you can tell, I don’t own eight matching plates…or a table cloth that will cover my entire table but I do have good friends and a working oven: the most important elements of a successful party!