I have a new-found affection for grits, so when I saw a recipe for shrimp and grits in Good Housekeeping, I thought I’d check it out. The following is my adaptation:
Peel one pound of raw shrimp. Season with 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Set aside.
1 cup of water
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup grits
Pinch of salt
– Boil liquids + salt before adding grits. Cover and reduce heat to medium, stirring occasionally until grits are tender (ten-ish minutes).
– Add one bag of frozen (thawed) corn to cooked grits.
– Dice one large onion, one red pepper, and three minced cloves of garlic–saute in olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
– Add seasoned shrimp, cook for one minute.
– Pour in 1/2 cup of dry white wine. Simmer until shrimp are pink.
– Serve shrimp mixture over corn grits.
A big thank you to the nice girl at Fareway who went on a grits search for me. 🙂