I told my sister that I would bring dessert to an upcoming party, and I thought back to THESE yummy treats but remembered my sister doesn’t care for fruit and chocolate. She does love peanut butter and chocolate though! I scoured four grocery stores looking for refrigerator chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough before I realized I could just buy the bag mix and make it myself. *head slap*
- Follow the package directions to make Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie dough.
- Drop 1-2 teaspoons of dough into mini muffin tin.
- Bake at 350* for ten-ish minutes.
- Cool in pan for five minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Beat 1 stick of softened butter until smooth using electric mixer.*
- Beat in 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter and a splash of vanilla.
- Continue using electric mixer to stir in powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.
I made the frosting pretty thick as I wanted to use my Easy Decorator to frost the mini cookies (yet another tool that makes me lament my lack of a dishwasher). After piping frosting onto each cookie, sprinkle with mini chips for a bakery-quality look! I’m expecting lots of compliments. 😉
* Original recipe HERE.